xine, mplayer or any media player segfaults

As of a couple of days ago, any media player that I try on my Debian Sid box segfaults, no matter what video file format. Same goes after installing VLC.

After doing a search, I think I might want to use a program called strace to try to figure out what's going on. I have to admit that I am totally perplexed by the strace man page as well as by the output after running "strace xine example.avi".

How do I post the output to the mailing list, as a text attachment or inline with the message? Any preferred command line options?

Nick