Re: Unbootable after today dist-upgrade (Sid)

On Fri, 2006-12-15 at 07:14 -0600, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:

> I've said this before, but it is *not* a good idea to do a dist-upgrade
> to Sid on the same partition. I *always* use mondo to backup the Sid
> partition, restore that CD/DVD to another one, from where I do the
> dist-upgrade. If there is a problem I just boot the old partition and do
> the upgrade again a little later.

I've also said this before, maybe not here, but definitely elsewhere. It
is not a good idea to update a Sid installation unless you are equipped
with the know how to recover from a catastrophic update. IOW, if you
dn't know what the h*ell is going on in the first place... don't. Or if
you aren't willing to learn... don't

Even a testing update is this way.
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net