Re: Unbootable after today dist-upgrade (Sid)

Benjamí Villoslada wrote:
Hi,

After today dist-upgrade, my Debian Sid doesn't boot:

modprobe: FATAL: Could not load /lib/modules/2.6.[...]/modules.dep: No
such file or directory

(4 times)

Failed to execute /init
Kernel panic - not syncing: No init found. Try passing init= option to kernel.

Possibly is due the initramfs-tools today upgrade.

I'm downloading one Knoppix... but any advice?

I've said this before, but it is *not* a good idea to do a dist-upgrade to Sid on the same partition. I *always* use mondo to backup the Sid partition, restore that CD/DVD to another one, from where I do the dist-upgrade. If there is a problem I just boot the old partition and do the upgrade again a little later.

Hugo