Re: New hardware under Etch ?

On Sat, 2006-12-16 at 15:30 +0100, Christian Christmann wrote:
> I've a system with 6 GB RAM, two AMD Opteron
> CPUs and an S-ATA HD. Will these components run under
> a default Debian Sarge.
Hard to say, you provide no details on the hardware - what model
motherboard, etc.

>  If so, where can I check that
> both CPUs are running? Will /proc/cpuinfo provide
> appropriate information?
/proc/cpuinfo will show you both CPUs as far as I know, regardless of
how many are used (I may be wrong).

Sure way to check is open top, then press 1 - if the kernel is using
both CPUs, it will show you the two CPUs on separate lines.

Hans