Re: flashplayer9?

Kent West wrote:
Marc Shapiro wrote:
Wulfy wrote:
Kent West wrote:
You probably still have the ver7 .so in one of the plugins paths for Firefox. Do a "locate libflashplayer.so" and rename/move any that you aren't confident is the v.9 version out of any relevant plugins directories.

I don't appear to have ANY version of flash currently installed --

Er, you mean "ANY version of flash currently installed by Debian"; you can still have a locally-installed version.

/$ locate libflashplayer.so
/mnt/Sarge/usr/lib/firefox/plugins/libflashplayer.so
/mnt/Sarge/usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/plugins/libflashplayer.so
/mnt/Sarge/usr/lib/mozilla-snapshot-remove/plugins/libflashplayer.so
/mnt/Sarge/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so
/mnt/Sarge/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/share/libflashplayer.so
/mnt/Sarge/usr/lib/netscape/plugins-libc6/libflashplayer.so
/mnt/Sarge/usr/lib/opera/plugins/libflashplayer.so

I would rename all these instances and restart FF and see what happens.

I closed firefox and unmounted the /mnt/Sarge partitions. Now running 'locate libflshplayer.so' returns nothing. I restarted firefox and it still runs the flash on that page, as well as on others.

Curiouser and curiouser.

--
Marc Shapiro
mshapiro_42@yahoo.com