postgrey logging...

Hi,

I have recently installed postgrey (with interactive aptitude) on a postfix +amavis+SA+clam+courier mail server setup.

Process is running and everything seems to check out OK, but I can't find a way to view greylist activity.

I have /var/lib/postgrey/ : ls -la
-rw-------  1 postgrey postgrey    24576 Dec 14 14:29 __db.001
-rw-------  1 postgrey postgrey   131072 Dec 14 14:29 __db.002
-rw-------  1 postgrey postgrey   270336 Dec 14 14:29 __db.003
-rw-------  1 postgrey postgrey    98304 Dec 14 14:29 __db.004
-rw-------  1 postgrey postgrey    16384 Dec 14 14:29 __db.005
-rw-------  1 postgrey postgrey 10485760 Dec 14 14:29 log.0000000001
-rw-------  1 postgrey postgrey     8192 Dec 14 14:29 postgrey.db
-rw-------  1 postgrey postgrey        0 Dec 14 14:29 postgrey.lock
-rw-------  1 postgrey postgrey     8192 Dec 14 14:29 postgrey_clients.db

The file dates refer to the time of installation, so this doesn't seem to be actively changing at all.

How can I tell if postgrey is actually working? I also haven't observered any delay when i send email to myself from various servers, so I doubt it.

PG is running:
ps -ef | grep postgrey
postgrey 10123 1 0 Dec14 ? 00:00:00 /usr/sbin/postgrey --pidfile=/var/run/postgrey.pid --daemonize --inet=127.0.0.1:60000

I am also aware of postgreyreport but if I try this:
postgreyreport < /var/log/mail.log
I get nothing back. Of course, I don't know if I am doing that right, but that's what I understood from the man page.
(I think this is how I will see postgrey activity, but I don't know yet)

Also: the man page refers to postgrey making an entry in /etc/main.cf - a file I don't have on my system.

from man postgrey:

      o   Put something like this in /etc/main.cf:

           smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
                         permit_mynetworks
                         reject_unauth_destination
                         check_policy_service inet:127.0.0.1:60000

Which is where i suspect the problem lies. Where should this be configured? I suspect that it should be here: /etc/postfix/master.cf , where i find the line "smtpd_recipient_restrictions =" (and no mention of the check_policy line above)
Is that so?

Can anyone help? (My first post to this list, hi everyone! I am new to Debian, aplogies for any dumb mistakes I am making!)

Pete Dowdell