Re: debian on an NAS server

On Thu, 2006-12-14 at 00:32 -0500, Greg Folkert wrote:

> I am gonna be honest here and tell you I have never tried to netboot  a
> powervault 715N.
>
> I am sure you can find some info about the powervault using Google.
>
> I came up with someone doing a similar thing but with CentOS.
>
> http://www.nalley.sc/david/?p=12
>
> Gonna tell you that Dell may have some answers for your problems.

Greg,

Thanks for your reply. I googled a bunch before I posted and got thought
I had things setup correctly. I gave up for awhile and went home. Then I
googled some more and did find the info I was missing. During boot I hit
F2 to get to a menu which allows me to select the BIOS setup. It was
there I setup the first boot device to be the network. However, what I
missed in the menu was the option for re-installation. I need to select
that and everything should work correctly. I am going to try that first
thing tomorrow. I'll let the list know how it works out.

Thanks,
Tom