current practice regarding /etc/rc.boot

Hi folks,

I've a need to add a few commands to my boot process.
I simply want to add a couple of links, add another gateway, configure
alsa and so on. These are the sort of things that can be done with a
single command from the prompt, but naturally I'd like to automate.

Traditionally, this would have been done in rc.local but that's been
deprecated and now it seems that /etc/rc.boot/ has been deprecated as
well.

Would someone be so kind as to tell me what the current, preferred
location for such commands is?

	tia

	b.