Re: Greetings and a minor rave!!

On Monday 11 December 2006 01:08 pm, andy wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I'm new to Debian - having run Slackware solidly since 8.1 I have become
> used to particular ways of maintaining my machine and also became used
> to a certasin belt-&-braces mentality. I loved Slackware, found
I have been around here for a while so welcome aboard. If you have the
aspirations to really understand what goes on withinthe Debian system there
is one tool that I always recommend to newbies. It is mc or as it is really
named Midnight Commander. It works from any Xwindows, kde, or Gnome,
etc.screen or from the console equally well. It will undoubtedly prove
extremely useful in MANY areas.
Best wishes!
--
John W. Foster