dual layered DVD's vs single layer etc....

Dear Debian people,

This is a pretty dumb question. But I think it has a little merit. I bought myself a new Benq DVD rewriter and stuffed in my box. This one can handle dual layered DVDs as well as the single ones.

I then realised after nosing around in the computer shop that dual layered DVDs have a capacity of 8.5GB c.f. the single layered ones of 4.4GB.

What a genius this guy is I here you say.

A doubling of storage is what you would expect.

My point is that whereas the Sarge 3.1 r3 release contains 15 CDs, Etch comprises 21 CDs......

Or 3 DVDs.....  But of course these are 3 single layer 4.4 GB DVDs.

Once Etch comes out and everyones starts to work on Lenny, then maybe it could get to thirty CDs or 4 or 5 DVDs.

Once it gets to that size would dual layered DVD iso images be considered to be parked in the repositories?

Regards

Michael Fothergill

Be the first to hear what's new at MSN - sign up to our free newsletters! http://www.msn.co.uk/newsletters