Re: Using defoma to install heritage truetype fonts

On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 22:33:54 +0100, Florian Kulzer wrote
(<[🔎] 20061127213354.GB23973@bavaria>):

> On Mon, Nov 27, 2006 at 06:52:03 +1100, Felix Karpfen wrote:

SNIP

>> I was hoping that an alternative route exists, that will enable me to
>> point the TrueType install routine to the directory that contains the few
>> fonts that I already have on my box.

SNIP

> I also seem to remember that both KDE and Gnome have a font installer
> option somewhere in their configuration dialogs. I know that with KDE
> you can just right-click on a .ttf file and choose "Actions > Install".

Thank you.  That solved my problems.

Using "fc-cache" would have been more elegant. But Debian insisted that
the fonts should be present in

"/var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf.d/dirs/TrueType/".

I dutifully followed these instructions by creating symlinks in that
directory. But I was too chicken to point fc-cache to the symlinks.
Since I am the only user, the offered KDE routine (pointed at the actual
files in my home directory) worked perfectly and is adequate.

Felix Karpfen

--
Felix Karpfen
Public Key 72FDF9DF (DH/DSA)