Re: very short leases from D-Link DI524

Hi Richard,

can't exactly help you but I've got a similar problem with a DI-604 wired
4 port router.
Only it never releases and I've been running the same IP addresses on the
corresponding machines for more than a year although it was set to renew
once a week and later on after three days - to no effect it seems.

As good as static - and no, it's not set to static IP.

Even updated firmware recently, also to no effect.

Any tips on this here? Or maybe just to avoid D-link in the future? Would
be a shame though because apart from this my router/modem combination
works really well.
(Yes, I know about the problem with the GPL compliance from D-link but
these were bought way before that in 2003/04.)

--
Kind Regards,
B. Hoffmann