Re: very short leases from D-Link DI524

> Hi Richard,
>
> can't exactly help you but I've got a similar problem with a DI-604 wired
> 4 port router.
> Only it never releases and I've been running the same IP addresses on the
> corresponding machines for more than a year although it was set to renew
> once a week and later on after three days - to no effect it seems.
>
> As good as static - and no, it's not set to static IP.
>
> Even updated firmware recently, also to no effect.
>
> Any tips on this here? Or maybe just to avoid D-link in the future? Would
> be a shame though because apart from this my router/modem combination
> works really well.
> (Yes, I know about the problem with the GPL compliance from D-link but
> these were bought way before that in 2003/04.)

I din't know about it, or I would have bought another brand -- the price
difference wasn't huge.  You get what you pay for I suppose.  A pity, it
seems well made, has a good manual, and good web admin interface -- except
for an HTML rendering bug on the page you use most often.

I'll have to see if there is an update, and buy better kit next time if
that doesn't solve it. Actually, I have a second one that I can compare
with when I get back to where it is.  I'll report back.

--
richard