Re: Evolution multilingual spellchecking in Debian Etch (Newbie).

On Wed, 2006-11-29 at 15:11 +0100, Brian Durant wrote:
> I just installed Debian Etch (rc1) on an IBM A50p and am trying to
> wrap my head around multilingual spellchecking in Evolution (2.6.3). I
> managed to get English and Danish spell checking to work by installing
> aspell, ispell, myspell, and ienglish, idanish and gnome-spell.
>
> My problem is that I would like to get Indonesian spellchecking to
> work as well. As I don't know which spelling system Evolution uses and
> because the Evolution documentation refers to using Ximian Red Carpet
> (!!!) to install extra dictionaries, I am pretty much lost at this
> point. I did find the following link, but I am not sure which of the
> dictionaries are the newest, nor if they have anything to do with
> Evolution OR how to install the dictionary:

At least Evolution 2.8 uses gnome-spell, based on aspell, I guess 2.6
does the same.

I guess you could take a look at your installed aspell languages (dpkg
-L aspell-xx) and figure out where to install the indonesian
dictionaries.

--
Cheers,
Sven Arvidsson