Re: what's the killer app for GNU/Linux systems?

On Thu, Nov 30, 2006 at 01:14:34PM +0200, Tshepang Lekhonkhobe wrote:

[...]
> So I give up and ask you, what's your killer app(s)?

First thought: mutt.  (which would be even better if I hadn't broken
exim4, so I'm reading d-u on mutt and replying via squirrelmail!)

On second thoughts, ghostscript and friends.  My wife called me this
morning from London to ask how to make a pdf from her m$word at work.
Easy: take the file home and read it into any Linux app.  Definitely the
fact that _any_ app in Linux can write ps or pdf is one of the killer
features.  Which makes my killer app:
                      ps2pdf

--
richard