Re: how to convert DVD to something uploadable to youtube?

Hi,
I use transcode for video conversions and find it a real swissknife for that.

As written on the man page, "DVD rip is nothing without transcode" so I think you only have to try it with different settings for video codec (-y option), video output bitrate (-w option) and of course video (-Z ) and audio stuffs (switch 48Khz to 44.1Khz and bitrate to 128 or lower...)

Of course, you can use DVD RIp for that, but I suggest you to read transcode man page for better understanding of what you are going to do according to your needs.

cheers