Re: apt-get reports no new packages

William Jensen wrote:
I'm following Etch and apt is reporting no new packages for a touch over a week.
From past experience I know that this is highly unlikely. Also, a friend runs
nearly the same setup as I have and he is still getting daily updates. Any ideas
what I could check/do?

Make sure your /etc/apt/sources.list is pointed at an official Debian mirror and if you can get a specific example from your friend of something that updated on his machine but not yours, hunt down which mirror he got it from and see if your mirror is getting updates properly.

He also may have other things installed that you don't, so he's getting updates to packages you don't have installed.

Nate