Re: Debian support for nForce 590SLI chipset

On Thu, Nov 30, 2006 at 09:55:07AM +1300, Sharrea Day wrote:
> Doug,
>
> Thanks VERY much for your help.  I'll try to get a copy of Etch for AMD64 on
> DVDs (I have limited data usage on my satellite internet connection).
> Thanks again.

Glad to help Sharrea.

The one quick advantage that the netinst gives you is that its fast to
download (around 120 MB) the iso and it does give you a minimal
installed functional Etch system.  You would know if the hardware works
prior to getting the DVD.  Also, since its testing, until release the
DVD files will keep changing.

Also note that once you have the netinst system running, instead of
having to install the rest from the net, you could point apt at your DVD
instead.  Its the best of both worlds.

Either way, good luck on the 590.

Doug.