Re: debian squid proxy server

On 28.11.06 16:01, Liam O'Toole wrote:
> Squid maintains an access control list called "Safe_ports". I suspect
> that port 7090 isn't in the list. See the file /etc/squid/squid.conf for
> details.

if that is a HTTP, "debian" may decide, if it's needed to allow ports like
7090 only to some hosts, or everywhere. Also, if it's HTTP running on those
ports, it's not needed to allow application ask squid to CONNECT there, only
to fetch objects from those port(s).

define acls:

acl app_src src [IP spec]		# IP's where application runs
acl app_port dstport 7090		# and possibly other ports
acl app_host dst [IP spec]		# to define hosts by IP addresses
 or
acl app_host dstdomain [host spec]	# to define hosts by names

and allow access before other http_access directives:
http_access allow app_src app_port app_host
 or
http_access allow app_src CONNECT app_port app_host

2B|!2B, that's a question!