debian squid proxy server

Hello,

there is an internet application and i have some clients who needs to connect to it.
Firewall is setup, proxy server is squid.
The internet application is using different ports, my proxy server listens only to port 80 (http traffic for internet)
the users can also go to https sites (which are using port 443).

The internet application is using different ports (like port 7090 and others), how does it come that my client pc's can't connect via the proxy to those ports ?

thnx,
Verus.

Disclaimer :

This e-mail is intended for the exclusive use by the person(s) mentioned as recipient(s).
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately.
This e-mail does not constitute any commitment for Sea-Ro Terminal N.V. or its subsidiaries except when expressly otherwise
agreed in a written agreement between the intended recipient and the originating subsidiaries of Sea-Ro Terminal N.V.
Sea-Ro Terminal and each of its subsidiaries each reserve the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its networks.

This mail has been checked for viruses by Symantec and Trend Micro.