Re: how to override printer settings from cups, xpp, ...

we tested this. whatever we choose, printer still prints duplex, long-edge flip. as a default, this is fine, but when you need something special (like short edge, 2 pages per paper), it is not possible.

it seems that the settings on the printer/cups server cannot be changed/overriden by anyone else than cups administrator on the server, or by hand on the printer directly...
actually - 2 pages per paper work fine now, however it is not possible to change

1) duplex -> disable duplex
2) long-edge -> short edge

regards,

--