Re: Running postgresql-7.4 and postgresql-8.1 simultaneously

Hi Dave,

Dave Ewart wrote:
On Tuesday, 28.11.2006 at 11:04 +0000, Shri Shrikumar wrote:
Is it possible to run both the 7.4 and 8.1 versions of postgresql
simultaneously on the same box. I assume that if I was to download and
install manually that it would work but is there a way of doing it
through the package management system?
Perhaps we can help further if you explain exactly what you're trying to
achieve by installing both simultaneously?
Thanks for your response. We are working on migrating website from 7.4 to 8.1 and need to some analysis and benchmarking to compare the two systems. We also need to have the 7.4 running in case we need to make changes to the live site.

Hope this makes sense.

Best Wishes,

Shri

--