Compaq Presario SR1675CL SATA disk not detected

Hi there,

I am trying to install debian etch on the above mentioned desktop. Cannot
find much info; no name motherboard, it seems, and that it is a SATA disk
was found by physical inspection. Also: the ethernet adaptor is on that
darn motherboard, so I do not know which driver to load for that. But that
is all mute as long as I cannot see and partition the disk... My web
searches have turned up nothing. ANY pointers?

Thanks in advance, Kai