Re: Compaq Presario SR1675CL SATA disk not detected

You can use CPU-Z to see your motherboard's info, and then check the HCL at http://www.linuxcompatible.org/.

PS: Be sure SATA mode is enabled in your BIOS settings.

On 11/28/06, Kai Martens <kai@physics.utah.edu> wrote:

Hi there,

I am trying to install debian etch on the above mentioned desktop. Cannot
find much info; no name motherboard, it seems, and that it is a SATA disk
was found by physical inspection. Also: the ethernet adaptor is on that
darn motherboard, so I do not know which driver to load for that. But that
is all mute as long as I cannot see and partition the disk... My web
searches have turned up nothing. ANY pointers?

Thanks in advance, Kai