Re: apt-cacher questions

Eduard Bloch(blade@debian.org) is reported to have said:
> #include <hallo.h> * Wayne Topa [Mon, Nov 27 2006, 09:53:12AM]:
> > Wackojacko(wackojacko32@ntlworld.com) is reported to have said:

> > > your missing the port number in your package listing.  Mine
> > > looks like this deb http://localhost:3142/site.address 3142 is
> > > default port.
> > >

> > Sorry, my bad, I did have the port in my sources.list but didn't
> > show it in the OP.  :-(
> >
> > deb http://127.0.0.1:3142/mirrors.kernel.org/debian/ testing main
> > contrib
> >
> > I had to replace it tho because  (this) server would not upgrade
> > until I removed the 127.0.0.1:3142/.  Aptitude kept saying there
> > were no packages to upgrade until I removed it, after that, it
> > upgraded 50 packages.
> >
> > The clients work sometime for a few packages and them stop.  I
> > find a lot of these in the error.log, on the server, when the
> > clients try upgrading.
> >
> > ALARM!    Faulty package in local cache detected! Removing, to be
> > replaced with the next download.
> >
> > Sorry for not being more explicit in the OP.
>
> Maybe mixed up with Ubuntu packages? Hard to debug. Enable the debug
> logging and look for suspicious things. Unfortunately, I cannot work
> on apt-cacher's successor now. See
> http://www.rootfs.net/jaws/?gadget=StaticPage&id=3 for details.

No, Eduard, I wish it was that easy.  :-)  I don't use Ubuntu or any
of their packages.  I do have sqlite3 enabled and, as part of the the
debug, I'll see if that might be causing some of my problems.

I have noticed some odd behavior, even without the cacher, with both
apt-get and aptitude.  While updating, the downloads go all the way
to the end and then say the package list isn't there and I have to
update again and sometime 3-4 times.  I found that a lot with
ftp.us.debian.org so am trying some others to see if that (pain)
stops.

I'll post back on the results.

As I had to use lynx to see your page I 'think' your going to be a bit
busy for awhile.  Good luck on the exams and forget about cacher for a
while.  Thanks much for the reply!

Wayne

--
You are making progress if each mistake is a new one.