Re: apt-cacher questions

Wackojacko(wackojacko32@ntlworld.com) is reported to have said:
> Wayne Topa wrote:
> >I am trying to setup apt-cacher (v1.5.3) and seem to be getting some
> >strange results.  I wonder if any apt-cacher users might enlighten me.
> >
> >(3)
> >How have you setup your servers sources.list?  I saw a reference to
> >doing deb http://127.0.0.1/package.site, but that didn't work for the
> >server or the clients.
> >

> your missing the port number in your package listing.  Mine looks like this
> deb http://localhost:3142/site.address
> 3142 is default port.

Sorry, my bad, I did have the port in my sources.list but didn't show
it in the OP.  :-(

deb http://127.0.0.1:3142/mirrors.kernel.org/debian/ testing main contrib

I had to replace it tho because  (this) server would not upgrade
until I removed the 127.0.0.1:3142/.  Aptitude kept saying there were
no packages to upgrade until I removed it, after that, it upgraded 50
packages.

The clients work sometime for a few packages and them stop.  I find a
lot of these in the error.log, on the server, when the clients try
upgrading.

ALARM!    Faulty package in local cache detected! Removing, to be
replaced with the next download.

Sorry for not being more explicit in the OP.

Wayne

--
"It's not just a computer -- it's your ass."
                -- Cal Keegan