apt-cacher questions

I am trying to setup apt-cacher (v1.5.3) and seem to be getting some
strange results.  I wonder if any apt-cacher users might enlighten me.

(1)
I'm trying to do an update from a laptop connected to this server.  On
the laptop, using aptitude or apt-get update, both programs quit
with an error "Some index files failed to download" but on the server
with iptraf running, the package server is still downloading and a du
in the apt-cacher/packages dir shows a steady increase in the size of
the package directory.  Is this normal?  If so its very weird!

(2)
Have you found that you need to define address is allowed_hosts_6= or
does =* work alright or did you use the default =fec0::/16?

(3)
How have you setup your servers sources.list?  I saw a reference to
doing deb http://127.0.0.1/package.site, but that didn't work for the
server or the clients.

Any/all suggestions on how to get this working would be greatly
appreciated. Rsync and dpkg -i xxxx work but are a bit time consuming.

I read "allowed_hosts=" as "allowed_clients=". Do you?

Thanks

Wayne

--
Real programmers disdain structured programming.  Structured programming
is for compulsive neurotics who were prematurely toilet-trained.  They