Re: upgrading trashed my font display

Amit Joshi on 27/11/06 12:36, wrote:
On Monday 27 November 2006 07:16, Adam Hardy wrote:
I upgraded a whole set of packages in etch using synaptic.

I answered several of the questions posed by the installation processses of
some of the packages but I must have answered one of them very wrongly.

Were these dependency issues? Forcing to install packages inspite of dependency problems may lead to unexpected system inconsistencies.

No, they were mostly "do you want to keep or overwrite configuration file .xxxx? Y,n,i"

Now my system-, firefox- and thunderbird text refuses to appear until I
drag the mouse across it.

Not sure what that means.

Perhaps it's easiest to explain what happens to thunderbird. None of the message titles show up apart from the one at the top of the window. Then when I hover the mouse over any of the invisible message titles, the title actually appears.

It's like the screen shot in the bug report.

Adam