Re: No sound with KDE

On Monday 27 November 2006 12:00, Luis Finotti shared this with us all:
>--> Hi,
>-->
>-->
>--> > KDE does have some strange issues at the moment. An example is that on
> one --> > of
>--> > my laptops, kcontrol is empty but Lost and Found contains all the
> links --> > for
>--> > kcontrol. So maybe there is more to this than just that? Or maybe your
>--> > problem is tied to this? But it's just a guess.
>-->
>-->
>-->
>--> I am not sure if it is related, but I did have that problem...  But for
> that --> I found a fix:
>-->
>-->
>-->
> http://people.debian.org/~terpstra/message/20061113.010424.5d69fba1.en.html
> -->
>--> (Maybe look at previous messages too.)
>-->
>--> Thanks,
>-->
>--> Luis
>-->

Thank you Luis, I read that thread as well, but it didn't worry me. If I find
the links in kcontrol or Lost and Found, what does it matter.

However, I just thought that the same glitch that allowed this to happen,
might have caused something else to go awry on your system? Which may or may
not be fixed in the next upgrade?

Charlie

--
Registered Linux User:- 329524