Apache dying weekly

I'm running 1.3.33-6sarge3, and have been noticing that apache is not
restarting when the logs are rotated every week. The logrotate script
doesn't seem to be directly at fault, but I can't understand why it's
not restarting.

The only thing I can find in the logs is in apache's error.log.1:

    [Sun Nov 26 06:25:51 2006] [notice] caught SIGTERM, shutting down

but no explanation about why it isn't coming back up. Ideas? Solutions?

--
Unabashedly littering the information superhighway with detritus like
this for over 15 years now.