X Font Server on Debian Etch

Hello all,

I have a Debian Etch system running smoothly and I want it to be the
centralized X Font Server (XFS) for our office.  I configured
the /etc/X11/fs/config file particularly the line:

"client-limit=500"

in such a way that it can accept connections of up to 500 clients but I
found out that it can't.  I tried lowering it down but still it can't.
I tried setting it up to 30 clients and it works.

My question is, what is the maximum number of clients does the XFS
accepts?  If it has limitations by default, how can I possibly tweak it
in such a way that it can accept connections of at least 200 clients?

Thank you in advance for any help.