Re: Reportbug - Does it work?

* Roberto C. Sanchez <roberto@connexer.com> [2006 Nov 25 16:30 -0600]:
> On Sat, Nov 25, 2006 at 05:13:55PM -0500, Wayne Topa wrote:
> > Roberto C. Sanchez(roberto@connexer.com) is reported to have said:
> > > >
> > > Unless the ISP blocks outbound port 25 to hosts outside of their own
> > > MXs.  Based on the OP's statement that the ISP implemented new Spam
> > > controls recently, I am thinking your suggestion may not work.
> >
> > As my ISP does.  :-(
> >
> Unfortunately, getting a competent ISP generally costs more than one
> that is not.

The best thing one can really hope for is an ISP that doesn't get in
your way.  I've been fortunate that my dialup ISP has remained that way
through being purchased by two entities over the past 6 and a half
years I've been with them.  I have wireless DSL to the house through
another provider and have no issues with them, except for a couple of
system outages last summer after which they cleared up their congestion
problem.

I had one ISP back in the late '90s that seemed to make a game of the
different ways they could break PPP.  It was fun sorting that out for
about six weeks until things settled down and I had no more issues with
them.

If you're clever, you can blow through first line support, but ya gotta
use the "baffle 'em with BS" part.

- Nate >>

  Amateur radio exams; ham radio; Linux info @  | free since January 1998.
             http://www.qsl.net/n0nb/           |  "Debian, the choice of