Re: copying files between ext3 and fat32 is slow

On Saturday 25 November 2006 08:44, Ottavio Caruso wrote:
> Kamaraju Kusumanchi wrote:
> > I have a usb drive which contains two partitions. One partition is
>
> ext3, the
>
> > other is fat32
>
> Curiosity, why use ext3 on a flash drive? Have you tried to convert
> it to ext2 and see any difference?

Actually this is a 200 GB hard drive which I use for backing up data on
another computer. Some of the partitions on the USB drive reflect those that
of partitions on the hard drive. The hard drive in this case consists of a
bunch of FAT32, NTFS, ext3 partitions.

thanks
raju

--