Re: Etch status..?

On Thu, 2006-23-11 at 22:15 -0500, cga2000 wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 21, 2006 at 11:56:50PM EST, Alan Ianson wrote:
>
> [..]

> Well not really...
>
> :-(
>
> I installed the latest 2.6.18.3 alongside the 2.4.27 that initially
> came with the sarge netinst and sure enough my PC card is no longer
> recognized.
>
> So it looks like I'm stuck with a 2.4 kernel for the lifetime of this
> laptop.

It should be doable but you may need to build a kernel module for that
card. I did that once for my laptop, it was kind of hellish but I got it
done.. :)

What card is giving you trouble? Maybe someone on the list can help you
out. I got a lot of help getting my wireless pcmcia card working with
sarge from the debian-laptop list, this list would likely do just as
well.

udev is used with the 2.6 kernels now rather than hotplug. Do you have
udev installed now as apposed to hotplug?