Re: Need to remove a ghost file, but can't because it doesn't exist

On Tue, Nov 21, 2006 at 10:37:27PM -0500, Douglas Tutty wrote:

> I went from ext3 to reiserfs because ext3 didn't stand up long term to
> power failures (then from reiserfs to jfs when it became available).

Well, if that's the situation, going form reiserfs to ext3 fs doesn't
seem like that much of an improvement.  Did you actually experience
ext3's corruption during power outages, or just hear about it?  And if
it was experience, was it on a live system or a test rig (like JFS and
the directiry copying.

I know from experience that ext2 isn't good against power failures.  I
believe that power failures have been the ultimate reason why one of my
etch systems dies.  But that's ext2, not ext3.   Mind you, reinstall
isn't all that successful either; I'm hitting bugs in the new installer ...

-- hendrik