Re: Variables in bind

Hello,
I've got a private thread with Grok Mogger, who believes variables are not
really needed and that there might be another solution, so I am posting some
more info in case someone knows another solution that might help me.
I have computers with three IPs, one for each network we have (one being the
public internet, the other being the internal networks) and I have views, so
depending where you are asking from you get one set of data or another.
For example, dev has IPs in all networks:

n0i4.dev = 10.0.0.1   # network 0, IPv4
n0i6.dev = 1::0:1     # network 0, IPv6
n1i4.dev = 10.0.1.1   # network 1, IPv4
n1i6.dev = 1::1:1     # network 1, IPv6
pni4.dev = 1.1.1.1    # public network, IPv4
pni6.dev = 2::0:1     # public network, IPv6

There, all the IPv6 addresses are really public, but electronically in
different networks. Some IPv4 addresses are public (only those in the public
network) and some are private (DNS records about them shouldn't be exposed).
So, I have a set of views for each of the networks:

network 0:

dev IN A 10.0.0.1
dev IN AAAA 1::0:1
dev IN A 1.1.1.1
dev IN AAAA 2::0:1

network 1:

dev IN A 10.0.1.1
dev IN AAAA 1::1:1
dev IN A 1.1.1.1
dev IN AAAA 2::0:1

public network:

dev IN A 1.1.1.1
dev IN AAAA 2::0:1

as you can see, I have a lot of repetition here which I'd like to abstract out
with variables. Any ideas how to do it ?

--
José Pablo Fernández
pablo.fernandez@rs.com.ar