Re: Kernel 2.6 SMP very slow with ServerWorks LE Chipset

Oleg Verych wrote:
On 2006-11-20, Bob <spam@homeurl.co.uk> wrote:
Hi I have a dual PIII Motherboard based on a ServerWorks LE chipset,
the motherboard is from an HP Netserver E 800 which is a customised ASUS CUR-DLS.

in UP config everything is OK in SMP the system slows right down, I've been googling and recompiling my kernel for days looking for the problem option without success, please help.

I'm using Sarge and I've tried the precompiled kernel 2.6.8-3-686-smp and I've downloaded the sources for 2.6.18 and compiled them from scratch in dozens of different permutations, all with the same result that the system crawls, I've seen other people have the same problem but no fixes.
http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=565813

How about 2.6.18 from sid? If also bad, try bugzilla on kernel.org, or
lkml.

Is it possible to do this without migrating the whole system to sid? I can't see a backport, one option would be if someone could post the .config file I could compile it in the same way.

Thanks