Re: cron-apt with no mta

On Tuesday 14 November 2006 10:32, Dave Sherohman wrote:
> An MTA is nothing.  Really. ...

I appreciate the reply, but it's not a solution for me. In fact, it's one I
explicitly don't want. I do the occasional Linux install for fairly clueless
folks who own older hardware, and I'm not going to subject them to the the
headaches and overhead of running unnecessary services, especially a mail
server.
I was just looking for a convenient way for them to be informed of updates, or
have them automatically done with something other than a cryptic log file for
them to look at.
I've looked through the scripts included in the reportbug package, but I'm not
nearly coder enough to make sense of it all to figure out how it sends out
the report via the ISP's server, that's all I'm looking to do.

...Rob

--
If she gets one more face lift, she'll have a goatee!