Re: cron-apt with no mta

On Monday 13 November 2006 15:26, John Hasler wrote:

> You probably want nullmailer.

I wasn't aware of that package, I'll look into it.

> "Settings"?  Reportbug does its own SMTP.

It can also store and use SMTP settings (i.e. ISP's SMTP server) if no MTA is
installed

> What's with this horror of MTAs?

Besides the config and security hassles of it, the machine's a P2-300 with 64
meg ram. The GUI bogs it down enough, I can't imagine running an MTA on it as
well.

...Rob

--
Q: How many surrealists does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
A: Fish!