Re: Cannot access terminals ( ctrl+alt+Fx ) in fluxbox

Richard Lyons:
> On Mon, Nov 13, 2006 at 10:19:45PM -0300, piter wrote:
>
> > I'm using Etch with fluxbox, everything was OK before doing "apt-get
> > dist-upgrade" a few days ago. After that, i can't access the terminals
> > from tty1 to tty6 (i mean that nothing happens when i press ctrl+alt+Fx).
>
> What do you have in /etc/X11/fluxbox/keys?  I think there should be a series
> of lines like
>     Mod1 F1 :Workspace 1

I think you are confusing fluxbox's workspaces with the virtual
terminals provided by getty (or other programs). A virtual terminal is
what you get when you don't have X installed.

As far as I know, the Ctrl-Alt-Fn key combos should  beb ahndled by the
X server, not any other X application, just like Ctrl-Alt-Backspace.

J.
--
When I am at nightclubs I enjoy looking at other people and assessing
their imagined problems.