Re: cannot remove mysql-server-5.0

On Monday 13 November 2006 09:40, Tom Brown wrote:
> I installed some mysql 5 packages on my development server. I had to do a
> --force-all to get them to install. I've tried three different ways to
> remove the package but all fail (shown below). Any ideas on how to remove
> the package?

Hmmm... I went on #debian with this problem without any promise of fixing the
problem. I did --force-all when installing the .debs for mysql 5.0.26. I
learned that this was a bad idea. I get the impression that the package db is
fubar. Everything I try fails. This is a develpment server so no real damage
done. I am looking at reinstalling debian and starting over. So, does anybody
have any suggestions before I reinstall?

Thanks,
Tom