Re: cs4232 soundcard

On 12.11.06 16:00, David Baron wrote:
> I believe that there is NO ALSA support for this card. There is a recent
> OSS driver but we use ALSA.

I've got cs4236 in my home computer, and it is supported by OSS cs4232
driver, and by alsa. Also, 'locate cs423' shows me modules for cs4231,
cs4232 and cs4236 in 2.4.27 and 2.6.8 kernel.

However, I'd try manual inserting of different driver, maybe just the
detection is incorrect.

Mark, are you sure it's cs4232 card in your ThinkPad?