Re: Can't find header files.

On Monday 13 November 2006 14:07, Kevin Mark wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 13, 2006 at 01:36:18PM +0530, Amit Joshi wrote:
> > On Monday 13 November 2006 12:53, Amit Joshi wrote:
> > > On Monday 13 November 2006 12:23, Alan Ianson wrote:
> > > <trimmed>

> > > Ok. It wasn't installed. I will install it and reply back.
> >
> > Ok. I installed the kernel-headers package for my kernel version but
> > nothing happened. Still I get the same error message.
> >
> > I wonder if I need to manually change some settings with GCC?
> > --
> > Regards,
>
> Hi Amit,
> when investigating a problem, do not start out with the most complex
> environment but instead start with the smallest, simplest bits and build
> from there to see what caused the problems. Thus:
> 1) create a simple 1 line c program
> 2) compile this with 'gcc'
> 3) when this works
> 4) try using the simple program in the big fancy IDE and compile it
> 5) when this works, try using your big, complex program.
>
> Also, if possible, show us either the full C program or a part of it, so
> that we can spot any error in it that would create the error. It also
> allows us to try that program on our myriad computers to see it the
> problem is reproduceable. The Scientific method and Debian love to be
> able to reproduce results. It gives us the warm fuzzies.
> Cheers,
> Kev

First of all, thanks all of you. Kevin, thats a good suggestion. I will keep
that in mind for my further posts. :)

Well..I have now started using Debian after so many years.
The 'build-essential' package is exactly what I wanted. :)
Thanks for the hint.
--
Regards,
Amit.

Remember fellas, what we do in life echoes in eternity!