Re: Can't find header files.

On Mon, Nov 13, 2006 at 01:36:18PM +0530, Amit Joshi wrote:
> On Monday 13 November 2006 12:53, Amit Joshi wrote:
> > On Monday 13 November 2006 12:23, Alan Ianson wrote:
> > <trimmed>
> >
> > > Do you have the linux-kernel-headers package installed for your kernel
> > > version?
> >
> > Ok. It wasn't installed. I will install it and reply back.
>

> Ok. I installed the kernel-headers package for my kernel version but nothing
> happened. Still I get the same error message.
>
> I wonder if I need to manually change some settings with GCC?
> --
> Regards,
Hi Amit,
when investigating a problem, do not start out with the most complex
environment but instead start with the smallest, simplest bits and build
from there to see what caused the problems. Thus:
1) create a simple 1 line c program
2) compile this with 'gcc'
3) when this works
4) try using the simple program in the big fancy IDE and compile it
5) when this works, try using your big, complex program.

Also, if possible, show us either the full C program or a part of it, so
that we can spot any error in it that would create the error. It also
allows us to try that program on our myriad computers to see it the
problem is reproduceable. The Scientific method and Debian love to be
able to reproduce results. It gives us the warm fuzzies.
Cheers,
Kev