Romanian

drwxr-x---  2 user1 user1 48 2006-11-13 10:17 FiĹ?iere descÄ?rcate
user1@work2:~/Desktop$ ls Fişiere\ descărcate
#
# in fact, the title on the desktop (gnome) looks fine: Fişiere descărcate (I've written this
# in an out of the box Mozilla browser on a standard multiuser workstation romanian
# Debian Sarge installation. However, in the ls listing the name of the folder looks like in
# the first line.
#
# I suppose that I shoud change the font either in gnome-terminal or somewhere in the
# gnome configuration files, but I have neither hint about what font to be used or files
# I should modify.
#
# I also suppose one worthes to mention that I use Romanian US keyboard for input
# and that the colors --if you can see them-- are settled in .bashrc; what is appearing
# black on white here, it is light yellow on black on gnome-terminal, from the gnome-
# terminal menus; I use FreeMono 11 font.
ls: Fişiere descărcate: No such file or directory
user1@work2:~/Desktop$

TIA