Re: Trouble browsing secure web sites (scotiaonline.com)

On Sun, Nov 12, 2006 at 04:53:52PM -0800, Alan Ianson wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> I am having trouble browsing my banks web site to do online banking. I can log
> into the site but web pages don't seem to load up in the browser. This is
> only the case when running testing or unstable, I can navigate the site just
> fine with sarge.
>
> This has been the case since shortly after the release of sarge last year, I
> could never use the site with testing or unstable. It's been my hope that it
> would clear up before the release of etch as stable, but now I wonder if it
> will since the scheduled release of etch is only a month or so away.

I've installed Etch amd64 and used both firefox and galeon in https with
no difficulties.  However, I haven't tried scotia's website.  That
computer is off right now or I would try it.

Can you access any other https sites?  I know that I can access ebay,
try that.  If you don't have an account, click register.  It will give
you a form in https.  If you get the form, then it works.

Try running the bowser from an xterm (or rxvt) and see if your browser
issues any error messages.

Doug.