Re: Using sysctl in debian considered harmful?!

On Thu, Nov 09, 2006 at 09:26:05AM -0500, David Clymer wrote:
> Someone has been trying to convice me that advising someone to use
> sysctl or sysctl.conf to query, or set kernel parameters is dangerous,
> or unsupported in Debian.

Ignore the moron.

>From /usr/share/doc/netbase/Readme.Debian:

 * /etc/network/options

This file is deprecated, and if present should be replaced by values
in /etc/sysctl.conf or equivalent custom scripts.

Remember... always ask morons for documentation.  When they can't provide
it, you can move straight to ignoring them.

--
 Marc Wilson |     We gave you an atomic bomb, what do you want,
 msw@cox.net |     mermaids?  -- I. I. Rabi to the Atomic Energy