Re: Core 2 Duo upgrade => Debian Etch stuck in initramfs shell

On Tuesday 07 November 2006 15:52, Anson Gardner wrote:
> Unfortunately, I've got the same problem. Video works ok using the vesa
> driver, but using the i810 I get the same results. My output to the
> requested

I have just come across this post as I have been away for a few days.  Also
from the snippets I have, I'm not 100% sure of what its about.  However there
is enough to suggest it is similar to my configuration.

I have a core 2 duo in an Intel motherboard with the 965G chipset.

IN order to get the i810 driver to work I have to

a) Install a kernel later than 2.6.19-rc2  (So I I built one using the debian
configuration using make-kpkg)
b) There is a bug in the code that prevents video working.  The fix was put
into the git repository for the driver about 2 weeks ago.  I could build this
from source to install, but at the moment I can't be bothered and am waiting
for the debian package to catch up.

--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk