PXE management suite

Good day list -

I'm looking for a web based (perl/php) manager for pxe driven networks.
I'll explain some of my setup, and hopefully someone can point me to a
good project.

I've got a bunch of (nearly) identical nodes that will need to access
various installs and kernels via pxe. Sometimes this will be installing
an OS (all Debian or variants of course) , some will be booting a custom
kernel and initrd that brings up AoE so I can boot from root FS's on a
nas.

All nodes have 2 nics.. one to a public switch, one to a private gig-e
switch.

I'm hoping for something very simple, that I can make part of a larger
management application I'm building. Here's what I was hoping for in
features :

- it looks at syslog to find servers requesting that aren't named by mac
in the config, and conveys to the web console that a new server has
appeared on a network , and ask what file group (if any) to assign it.

- Simplifies ordinary dhcp

- Ideally is managed totally via web, win32 or gtk management interface
is ok too. I'm only interested in simplicity, not picky about platform.

- Is open source or under 'fiddy bucks.

- Humans don't need to touch dhcpd.conf , your average ISP support staff
could muddle through a change if need be.

www.openqrm.org has such personality, but all I want is the darn pxe
manager and not the rest :)

I've been going through sourceforge and haven't found much .. and all
Google is turning up are regurgitated tutorials on article-adsense wikis
and blogs, or sites using SEO tricks to sell custom win32 apps.

I'm interested in any suggestions, for any OS really. Since debian
admins tend to work with complex and unconventional networks, I figured
I'd ask here.

Thanks in advance!

Best,
-Tim