Re: apt-get mysql-server

On Fri, Nov 10, 2006 at 03:47:04PM -0700, Tom Brown wrote:
> On Friday 10 November 2006 14:50, Kevin Mark wrote:
> > On Fri, Nov 10, 2006 at 03:32:42PM -0700, Tom Brown wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I apt-got mysql-server on two debian sarge machines. On the first
> > > machine, mysql-server 5 was installed. The second machine, mysql-server 4
> > > was installed. They both have the same sources.list. Any ideas why this
> > > would happen? How would I fix this?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Tom
> >
> > Hi Tom,
> > could you provide this for both:
> > 'cat /etc/apt/sources.list'
> > and
> > 'dpkg -l mysql*'
> > cheers,
> > Kev
>
> Kev,
>
> Thanks for your reply. I'm still a little confused about this. I tried to
> install mysql-server-5.0 on the second server but apt-get couldn't find the
> package. So, I'm not sure how I got version 5 on the first server.
>
> First server:
> deb http://debian.oregonstate.edu/debian/ stable main
> deb-src http://debian.oregonstate.edu/debian/ stable main
> deb http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main
>
> ii  mysql-bench                                 5.0.18-0.glibc23
> MySQL - Benchmarks and test system
> ii  mysql-client                                5.0.18-0.glibc23
> ii  mysql-devel                                 5.0.18-0.glibc23
> ii  mysql-server                                5.0.18-0.glibc23
> ii  mysql-shared                                5.0.18-0.glibc23

Hi Tom,
if you used apt-get with the above sources, you couldnt install version
5. So it must have been a download from maybe backports.org or someother
location. Thats my guess. You can certainly try to remove any mysql
software and then reinstall version 4.1 from sarge, if that is what you
wnat.
Cheers,
Kev